Wednesday 28 November 2018

A Little Bit of Attention - a lot of satisfaction

For those of you in Mid Bedfordshire, do consider https://www.thistlemethis.co.uk/
Absolutely the most in depth and soul quietening experience I have had in a long time. Like a lot of people, I have tense shoulders and lower back. I’ve also been feeling rather low – October is a tough time for me generally - but in addition I’ve given up running which has meant my low mood has followed me in to November.

Explaining this to Lizzie a few days previously, she had suggested a back neck and shoulder massage with hot stones, followed by some reflexology to balance me out a bit. Truly holistic as the title suggests, Lizzie doesn’t rush into her treatments. A full consultation took place, during which she somehow managed to refrain from eye-rolling at my neglectful habits whilst gently pushing at what might make things in general work better for me. I half wanted to shriek “you’re SO right” and leap out of the Shepherd Hut and get on with Things right there and then, such were her inspiring tones, but I resisted and succumbed to her healing hands. Right decision!

The Shepherd Hut is so lovely. It’s cosy without the heat from a million candles, it’s comfy without making it feel like you’re in someone’s living room. Celtic tunes waft around, (which I found more relaxing than plinky plonky chimes), the lotions and potions provide a delicate scent, and the towels are soft and richly coloured: and this all wraps around you in a gorgeous hug that lasts the whole day (horrid weather and a long walk home notwithstanding of course).

The massage was fantastic, incredibly detailed and using all manner of techniques – you can tell this lovely lady really knows her stuff! I was soothed and prodded and smoothed and kneaded and hot-stoned for what seemed like forever – no complaints at all! Lizzie knew what she was looking for and pinpointed exactly where I had been having issues, dealing with problem areas with exactly the right amount of pressure and kindness.

I was then in for a real treat – reflexology. Bundled up in my towels, I just relaxed whilst my feet were gently caressed and massaged. And yes, I did wake myself up with my delicate lady-snoring…..

Post therapies, there was no rush to get on and Lizzie was happy to share what she’d “found” – on the strict proviso that she can’t and doesn’t dispense medical advice. However, her suggestions have certainly made me rethink a couple of habits… And taking up new ones – I’m going to book regular treatments - de rigeur for 2019!

Lizzie is a very talented, kind and deeply caring therapist whose treatments are worth every penny – although saying that her prices are ridiculously good value. She really knows her stuff, has a range of talents and really does treat the “whole”. I can’t recommend her enough. Since my visit I’m feeling so much better and capable.

Thank you so much for getting me back on my thoroughly refreshed feet, Lizzie. I can’t wait for next time.


So endeth my review. I've known Lizzie socially for as long as I've lived in the Shire. We met doing local am dram and both keep it up in our spare time, although we have yet to do a show together. One of the Things she suggested I consider was writing. Writing Anything. She's right (ha!). I haven't done anything creative since the Summer, when a double header of Wilde and Stage Musical performances exhausted the living daylights out of me and made me promise my children I wouldn't do anything for the rest of the year.

So hello again.
 Four years later and a collective 8.5+ since I started this blog, here I am again.

Thinner
Happier
Older
Not wiser, that's for sure.

Such fun! Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment